Lake Geneva, WI Nursing Homes and Why Elder Care is Special
Best Assisted Living for Lake Geneva, WI and all of Southeast Wisconsin
Elder Care Cottages is unlike most nursing homes in Lake Geneva, WI. Our assisted living facilities foster a family-focused environment where residents can maintain a healthy and active lifestyle -- mentally, physically and spiritually. Whether its morning exercises, playing bag toss outside, gardening or baking, we make sure our residents experience the highest quality of life and independence during their golden years.
Elder Care Cottages is the assisted living facility Lake Geneva, WI and all of Southeast Wisconsin trusts for outstanding care, compassion and FUN!
See everything our assisted living facilities and caregivers provide below:
Assisted Living Activities
Unlike typical nursing homes in Lake Geneva, WI and surrounding areas, our residents don’t sit idly by watching the days pass them by. We keep our residents active and engaged in a variety of activities which stimulate the mind, body and soul like:
- Morning Exercises
- Playing Musical Instruments
- Church Outings
- Zoo Outings
- Bag Toss
- Miniature Bowling
Aside from activities and outings, we LOVE throwing a good party! Between our caregivers and our residents, we’re always finding something fun to celebrate. Sometimes, we’ll spend days working together to prepare for a celebration, including decorating, making food and drinks, planning themed activities and even picking out festive outfits!
Some of the most popular parties our Lake Geneva nursing home residents enjoy include:
- St. Patrick’s Day
- The Superbowl (or Packer Games, Badger Games and Brewer Games)
- The Kentucky Derby
- 4th of July
- The First Day of Fall/Spring
Between the outings, activities and celebrations, there’s never a dull day at Elder Care Cottages!
Assisted Living Facility Layout
Aside from being a whole lot of fun, our assisted living facilities are also beautiful, both indoors and out. At Elder Care Cottages, our assisted living residents from Lake Geneva and Southeast Wisconsin enjoy:
- Lots of Big Windows (in common areas and in residents’ private rooms for tons of natural light)
- Extra-Wide Hallways (accommodating wheelchairs, walkers and assistance from a caregiver)
- Open Concept Living and Dining Areas (fostering friendships and family togetherness)
- Views of Nature (overlooking ponds and woodlands which are ripe with wildlife!)
Assisted Living Amenities
Most nursing homes in Lake Geneva, WI and other surrounding areas offer very few amenities to residents aside from a bed, meals and a television. At Elder Care Cottages we give our residents the 5 star treatment, amenities and all.
Some of the amenities we provide include:
- Private Rooms with Full Bathroom (handicap accessible with walk-in shower)
- 24 Hour Caregiver Call System
- 3 HOMEMADE Meals a Day + Snacks
- Cable TV and Telephone Access
- Computer with Internet Access
- On-Site Salon and Spa (with wheelchair accessible whirlpool)
- Housekeeping and Laundry Service
Assisted Living Caregivers
Nursing homes and assisted living facilities can have all the activities and amenities in the world, but what matters most is the CARE of your loved one!
Our fully-trained assisted living caregivers have a genuine passion for providing the highest level of senior care. Our staff is patient, compassionate, understanding and motivating. Plus, we actually listen to our residents when they’re not feeling well or having a tough day.
Unlike other assisted living facilities and nursing homes in Lake Geneva and Southeast Wisconsin, we provide unlimited supportive care, whereas others cap off care at 28 hours a week!)
With our unlimited supportive care, we also provide:
- Resident-Assigned Caregivers (enabling residents and caregivers to establish an open and trusting bond)
- Skilled Nursing Care
- 24 Hour Awake Staff (allowing residents to enjoy independent living, while having the comfort and security of on-site caregivers, available day or night)
- Medication Management (ensuring residents do not skip, double-up or confuse their medications)
- Mild Incontinence Management
- Hygiene Assistance (bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting)
Alzheimer’s Care/Dementia Care/Memory Care
At Elder Care, we have specific “cottages” dedicating to serving the needs of residents requiring Alzheimer’s care, dementia care or other memory care needs. These memory care facilities near Lake Geneva, WI have on-site skilled nurses and caregivers who specialize in assisting those with memory conditions. Our caregivers have a nuanced understanding of when a resident’s brain or body needs exercise, as well as when to calm, soothe and rest.
Our Wisconsin memory care services include:
- Alzheimer’s Care and Dementia Care (Moderate to Advanced)
- Medication Management
- Mild Incontinence Management
- Memory-Care Focused Activities
- Hygiene Assistance
- Reminisce Room Access
- Sensory Room Access
- On-Site Salon and Spa
Whether you need a place for mom, dad or another loved one, we are the assisted living facilities Lake Geneva and all of Southeast Wisconsin turns to when they want to give their family member(s) the very best.
Directions from Lake Geneva, WI:
Distance: 26.3 miles
Travel Time: 35 minutes
Head west on W Main St toward Center St
Turn right at the 1st cross street onto Center St
Turn right onto E Sheridan Springs Rd
Continue onto Interchange N
Continue onto WI-120 N
Turn right onto WI-36 N
Take the ramp to WI-36/Wisconsin Trunk Hwy 11 E
Continue to follow WI-36
Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto WI-164 N
Elder Care Cottages will be on your right.
*Directions provided by Google Maps