Kenosha, WI Nursing Homes and Why Elder Care is So Unique
The Best Assisted Living for Kenosha, WI and all of Southeast Wisconsin
Elder Care Cottages is vastly different than Kenosha, WI nursing homes. We provide the best assisted living for Kenosha, WI and all of Southeast Wisconsin. Elder Care doesn’t let residents watch the world pass them by day in and day out. We get our residents active and engaged in all sorts of fun things! The most important thing to our caregivers is the ability to help make residents’ golden years shine and sparkle with friendships and fun!
Elder Care is unique in so many ways including:
Assisted Living Activities
Our assisted living activities change every day! The caregivers at Elder Care are always finding fun and different things for our residents to do, both indoors and outdoors, like:
Unlike Kenosha, WI nursing homes, there’s never a dull moment at Elder Care. We always keep it fresh and interesting!
Aside from daily activities, our assisted living facilities near Kenosha, WI also host parties…a lot of parties! We’ll throw a party for occasions big and small. Oftentimes, our residents and caregivers spend days preparing decorations, themed activities, food and even outfits!
Some of our most popular parties include:
Assisted Living Layout
Most Kenosha, WI nursing homes consist of one long, dark hallway with minimal sunlight, dingy rooms and bathrooms that are either tiny or public. At Elder Care Cottages, we know the importance of a clean, bright and convenient living experience, which is why the layout of our assisted living facilities near Kenosha, WI are designed in an open concept format and feature:
- Tons of Windows (in public areas and in residents’ private rooms for ample natural light)
- Extra Wide Hallways (to accommodate wheelchairs, walkers and assistance by a caregiver)
- Views of Nature (incredible 360 degree views looking over ponds and woodlands)
- Open Concept Dining and Living Areas (to foster togetherness and new friendships)
Assisted Living Amenities
Typically, the only amenities Kenosha, WI nursing homes offer are 3 meals a day and a bed. At Elder Care Cottages, we provide the comforts and amenities of home and independent living.
Some of the amenities we offer include:
- Private Rooms with Full Bathrooms (handicap accessible, includes walk-in shower)
- 3 HOMEMADE Meals per Day + Snacks
- Housekeeping and Laundry Service
- On-Site Salon and Spa (with wheelchair accessible whirlpool access)
- Cable TV and Telephone Access
- Computer with Internet Access
- Caregiver Call System (24-hours)
Assisted Living Caregivers
The trouble with some Kenosha, WI nursing homes is the lack of care provided by caregivers. Elder Care Cottages is different. All our caregivers are fully trained and have a genuine passion for taking care of seniors. Our assisted living facilities near Kenosha, WI believe in providing unlimited supportive care (other nursing homes and assisted living facilities only offer a maximum of 28 hours of supportive care per week).
Aside from supportive care, we also provide:
- Resident-Assigned Caregivers (Enables residents and caretakers to establish a trusting relationship)
- Skilled Nursing Care
- 24-Hour Awake Staff (enables residents to enjoy independent living, while still having the safety and security of on-site caregivers anytime, day or night)
- Hygiene Assistance (bathing, toileting, dressing, grooming)
- Medication Management (ensures residents are taking the right medications, while also ensuring residents don’t forget medications or double-up on them)
- Mild Incontinence Management
Alzheimer’s Care/Dementia Care/Memory Care
Most nursing homes in Kenosha, WI or elsewhere in the state do not provide skilled care for Alzheimer’s, dementia and other memory care needs. Elder Care has assisted living facilities dedicated to memory care residents. We have specialists on-hand to provide daily care, manage incontinence and provide a familiar, soothing environment for Wisconsin memory care residents.
Our Wisconsin memory care services include:
Whether you need a place for mom, dad, a sibling, grandparent or another loved one, give them the very best. Elder Care Cottages treats your loved one with compassion, respect, and patience. We focus on keeping residents’ minds and bodies active to provide the very best long-term quality of life.
Directions from Kenosha, WI:
Distance: 33.8 miles
Travel Time: 42 minutes
Take US 41 N/I-94 W ramp
Merge onto I-94 W /US 41 N
Exit 333 for WI-20 toward Racine/Waterford
Keep Left at fork, Follow signs for Frontage Road W
Left on WI-20
At roundabout, continue straight on US-45 N/WI-20 W. Follow WI-20 W
Right on N. Beaumont Ave / County Rd S
Left on Apple Rd / County Rd S. Follow Apple Rd.
Continue on WI-164 N
Elder Care Cottages will be on your right.
*Directions provided by Google Maps